5 Reasons Why We Love Candles
Candles bring out the drama, nostalgia and softness in a room. This is the reason why we love candles. They are beautiful, come in all shapes and colors, as well as delicious scents that relax, invigorate and calm us.
Here are 5 reasons why we love candles:
- Ambiance - lighting candles at strategic places within the living room and dining room can make any celebration special. They soften the mood and can actually make your guest feel special. The soft and flickering light still enchants us.
- Aromatherapy - candles are now used for aromatherapy. The essential oils infused into their wax brings out that therapeutic smell that helps you either relax, feel calm or be energized to tackle more productive work. Certain scents such as chamomile and lavender aid in relaxation, stress relief and sleep. Lemon is good for anxiety and depression.
- Scents - aside from aromatherapy, the scent from candles clears out any pungent or unwanted odors in a room. There are different scents that set the smell and mood to a room such as floral, clean and earthy that can make any room in the house smell inviting.
- Self-care practices - Stress relieving meditations are self care practices. To enhance the experience, light even one candle to put you into the relaxing, meditative state. Candles are used in meditation in different ways. Focusing on a lighted candle keeps your mind from passing thoughts. It is the gateway to a meditative state. This opens your mind as you clear it from any thoughts.
- Keep the sparkle in a relationship - candles can put you and your loved one in a romantic mood. Surprise him/her with a candle-lit dinner, in bed, with his/her favorite egg dish or any food that’s special, stir up happy memories or make new ones.
Candles are universal in use; in illumination, mood lifting and improve the atmosphere of any room. Pick up a few or order them online to bring magic and enchantment to your home.